Job Title: Horticultural Content Manager
Compensation: Horticultural Marketing & Printing offers a competitive wage and benefits package.
Company Description: At Horticultural Marketing & Printing we create, design and print for the horticulture, nursery and garden center industries. Since 1956, it’s all we’ve done. Tags, websites, point-of-sale and more! We are located in Mesquite, TX, a flourishing suburb outside of Dallas.
Job Summary: Currently we are seeking a Horticultural Content Manager. The Horticultural Content Manager is responsible for writing accurate, compelling copy and finding photography for existing and new plant introductions that could be applied to custom printed tags, signage or websites. This person will work closely with the creative, sales and prepress departments on creating new templates using customer defined libraries and data fields. They will also inspect printed and electronic proofs for correct copy and photos before going to press.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write copy for horticultural jobs
- Ensure top quality photos selected and secured
- Administer customer proprietary horticultural databases
- Diagnose and correct problem photos and copy on horticultural jobs
- Create plant libraries for customers
- Handle transfer of foreign language needs to and from the translator
- Monitor company reports to determine active and future jobs needing copy or photos
- Inspect printed and electronic proofs for correct copy and photos
- Applied and proven knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Horticultural education or industry experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
Education and/or Experience:
- 2-4 Year College Degree in Horticulture or related field. OR 4 years industry related experience.
Please submit your resume c/o:
VP Sales & Marketing
Horticultural Marketing & Printing
A division of IntegraColor
3210 Innovative Way
Mesquite, Texas 75149